Subtest Information: Time: 10 Minutes; Items: 20
1. Resistance is the tendency for a material to oppose the flow of electrons and is measured in:
2. What is the energy called that is derived from Earth’s internal heat?
3. Herpetology is the scientific study of:
Answers: 1:A, 2:D, 3:B
2) Metal alloy is an example that contains more than one substance that is not chemically bonded. Brass is a/an:
3) Dry ice, solid CO2, is an example of the following process:
4) The following chemical equation represents an acid-base reaction that produces potassium chloride, a common table salt substitute: HCl + KOH → KCl + H2O. This is an example of which type of chemical reaction?
5) Which of the following examples represents a physical change?
A. Striking a match
B. Dissolving sugar in water
C. Heating sugar to make caramel
D. Rusting iron
E. Digesting food
6) A solution that exhibits very little change in pH when small amounts of acid or base are added is a/an:
B. Hydroxide ion
7) Which of the following types of energy operates most efficiently in a vacuum?
8) Which of the following waves has the highest frequency?
A. Radio waves
9) Which of the following can be seen during a solar eclipse?
C. Solar flare
E. Harvest Moon
10) Electricity is the movement of electrons through a:
- B (The valence shell hold electrons and signifies the atoms ability to combine or interact with another atom).
- D (A combination of two or more substances can be homogenous or heterogenous. Brass is an example of a homogenous mixture of copper and zinc).
- D (Sublimation is the process of solids becoming gas).
- E (Neutralization is the reaction of an acid with a base to form salt and water).
- B (When dissolving sugar, the form sugar changes but the sucrose, sugar molecules stay the same).
- C (A buffer can be acidic or alkaline and is not very reactant to solutions being added).
- B (Radiation does not require a medium).
- D (Gamma rays have the shortest wavelengths with the highest frequency).
- A (A corona is a gaseous envelop that surrounds a star. A halo effect can occur during a solar eclipse when the moon is blocking the sun. The corona is a ring of light around the outside of the moon).
- E (Conductors are materials that allow the movement of electricity through them).
Hi there! I’m the guy who created AFOQTGuide.com. Upon completion of my Air Force enlistment, I decided it was time to pursue my college education. While attending the University of Michigan… More About Tom