Answers: 1:A, 2:D, 3:B
- B (The valence shell hold electrons and signifies the atoms ability to combine or interact with another atom).
- D (A combination of two or more substances can be homogenous or heterogenous. Brass is an example of a homogenous mixture of copper and zinc).
- D (Sublimation is the process of solids becoming gas).
- E (Neutralization is the reaction of an acid with a base to form salt and water).
- B (When dissolving sugar, the form sugar changes but the sucrose, sugar molecules stay the same).
- C (A buffer can be acidic or alkaline and is not very reactant to solutions being added).
- B (Radiation does not require a medium).
- D (Gamma rays have the shortest wavelengths with the highest frequency).
- A (A corona is a gaseous envelop that surrounds a star. A halo effect can occur during a solar eclipse when the moon is blocking the sun. The corona is a ring of light around the outside of the moon).
- E (Conductors are materials that allow the movement of electricity through them).